iSYSTEM is a privately held company headquartered in Germany, close to Munich with an R&D and Production center close to Ljubljana, Slovenia. Since its foundation in 1986, iSYSTEM is an independent manufacturer and provider of embedded software debugging, analysis and test tools. iSYSTEM’ s Software and Blue Box Technology stand for fast and easy single and multi-core processor hardware access via any kind of debug interface. No matter whether one is developing, debugging or testing embedded software on a real hardware, iSYSTEM’ s solutions work for you. The flexible integration and application of iSYSTEM solutions within the entire development process is enabled by open and public interfaces (APIs) that also allow engineers to automate timing analysis and testing. iSYSTEM maintains long standing and close relationships with all major semiconductor, operating system and compiler companies worldwide. This guarantees quick tool availability and the highest level of integration.
Blog (RSS) : www.embedded.typepad.com
Debug, Trace, Coverage, Performance
winIDEA is iSYSTEM’s Integrated Development Environment, which contains all necessary tools for embedded software development, test and data acquisition. iSYSTEM's test API and GUI testIDEA is integrated in winIDEA. All iSYSTEM blue boxes are driven by winIDEA. winIDEA Open is a free version of winIDEA supporting Cortex-M.
- Single IDE, debugger and analyzer for all projects· MS Visual Studio look & feel and ECLIPSE integration
- Support for a large number of single and multi-core microcontrollers
- API to enable external applications for remote control of iSYSTEM tools
- Wide range of supported compilers
Test automation, report
testIDEA offers on target testing by executing test cases and test vectors on a real hardware without code instrumentation. The GUI is part of winIDEA and connects to iSYSTEM's test API isystem.test. testIDEA ships as a free version called testIDEA standard and a testIDEA Pro version where a license fee applies.
- Real-time test API and GUI integrated in winIDEA
- Machine code level, no code instrumentation
- Automation, e.g., using script languages and/or custom/3rd party applications
- Test as close as possible to the real hardware
- Covers unit, integration and system testing
Data acquisition, visualization
daqIDEA is a tool for the graphical presentation of large data sets. It displays values for different variables as a 2D chart and as a table of numeric values. daqIDEA is free of charge and ships as a Python program. In 2016 iSYSTEM will launch daqIDEA as an integrated version of testIDEA Pro (for Windows and Eclipse) with a lot more features. The free version will be still available in Python.
- Graphical representation for large data sets
- High-frequency data acquisition
- Export data to excel, csv, text
- DAQ sampling period configurable: max, 1ms, 10ms, 100ms, 1s
- Access to DAQ functionality via winIDEA API for automation
Tool qualification, certification
fitIDEA is an automated test environment and application which allows testing and qualifying of iSYSTEM software and hardware in terms of debug, test and API tool functionality. It is now available as a licensed software package and consulting services.
- Standalone application
- Supports functional safety standards
- Reference target hardware and application
- Test case repository to test tool functionality
- Integration services on request
Tel: +49 8138 6971-50
Fax: +49 8138 6971-46